Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beautiful!

This actually happened to me today.  I'm not making this up.  One of my little guys had a rough start.  He had both behavioral and academic issues.  But he's turned it all around!  He is an amazing student and sweet as can be.  Some people attribute this to my influence.  I say it couldn't have happened without him making a conscious choice.  (Just to give you background).  So here's what happened:

Little Guy signals me from across the room and motions for me to come over.

Little Guy: I have a song for you.  I made it just for you.  It's from me for you.

Me: Okay.  You can sing it.

Little Guy sings (very seriously and sincerely): You are so beautiful---to me!  You are so beautiful---to me!

It was the cutest thing ever.  I felt the urge to both laugh and cry.  But instead I mustered all the control I have, hugged him, and praised him.  It's moments like those that I feel like a million bucks (makes up for the teacher's salary, right?).  I am so blessed to be surrounded by this joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment