Friday, June 3, 2011

HOT TIMES, SUMMER IN THE CITY

The thermostat will not go below 79 degrees.  This is actually an improvement compared to the 80 degrees a few hours earlier.  My poor air conditioning is running non-stop.  I even broke down and dusted so that I could put on the ceiling fan.  It helps recirculate the air but doesn't bring down the temperature.  Let's hope the new drapes I just purchased help.  They are blackout/thermal lined.  This is going to be a long summer!!!

Here's the fabric.  I ironed the first two panels for the living room window but still need to do the other two for the dining room.  I love it because it combines robin's egg blue (LOVE) and terra cotta (WARM).  My walls are cream, so I wanted something with a pattern to liven up the room.  It's Brittany Rose by Pottery Barn.



No comments:

Post a Comment