Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7: Praying Together


Prayer for Engaged Couples 

Father, in my heart love has come 
alive for a person you made, and 
who you too know and love.  I 
want to thank you for this gift.  It 
fills me with profound joy.  It 
makes me like you, who are love 
itself, and brings me to understand 
the value of the life you have given 
me.  Help me not to squander the 
riches you have stored in my heart.  
Teach me that love is a gift that 
must not be suffocated by 
selfishness; that love is pure and 
strong and must not be soiled or 
corrupted; that love is fruitful and 
should, beginning even now, open 
up a new life for myself and the 
person who has chosen me.   



Loving Father, I pray for this 
person who is here beside me, and 
who has placed in me complete 
trust for the future.  I pray for this 
person who will walk along the 
path of life with me; help us to be 
worthy of one another and to be an 
encouragement and example to one 
another.  Help us to prepare for 
marriage, for its grandeur and for 
its responsibilities, so that the love 
which fills us body and spirit may 
rule our lives forevermore.  Amen 




  
  
  


  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment